Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yes, I still quilt!

I know all my posts recently have been about wonderful gifts and fabric. Now it is time to get back to making things. Here are a couple things I have been working on.

I had bought (a few months ago) some vintage 4 patch squares from an etsy store (sorry don't remember who). They had a slight smokey smell so I left them to air out the last couple months and smell much better now. Anyway, I have put them together into this. I will be adding some borders to make it a table runner and to sell in my etsy store. It is roughly 9 x 18 inches.

My daughter did a block exchange with her cousin at the beginning of this year. I had my daughter make extra blocks (I helped with some) to make a doll quilt for her cousin. This is Ellia's doll quilt (was suppose to be a birthday present but is now a few weeks late). It still needs to be quilted, just need to iron the backing fabric and find some time to quilt it.

This is my daughter, Calliope's, doll quilt. Calliope made 10 squares and her cousin, Molly, made the other 10. For both this quilt and the one above, I let Calliope figure out where the blocks were going to go; I didn't give her any advice about light and dark. I noticed she would put blocks with her favourite fabrics together. I sewed the blocks together into the quilt tops but Calliope picked the backing fabrics and will have a say in what quilting is done on them.

Here is what I made with "The Recipe for Friendship" charm pack my mother bought me. I didn't use all the fabrics since I am planning to make a tablerunner with the leftover squares.

Bought the matching jelly roll for the border from A Sunday Girl on Etsy. I have already started to sew the strips around the middle and will post a progress picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...