Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Tablerunners and Hummingbirds

Have completed a few little projects so far this month, all for me (a couple for Etsy too that I will post later).

This is a tablerunner I started one day when I was just fooling around with some fabric. The fans are cheater fabric and were already cut up into individual fan squares when I purchased them at a yard sale. I had enough squares to make the 3 circles; I played with them a lot before I decided on this option. The border fabric is from the Calliope fabric line.

Close up of the circles. I outlined quilted each piece of the fans, stippled in the middle and in the border between the circles.

Another close-up.

Picture of the back.

This little runner has a very long story to it that I will save for another day. Right now it is adorable little runner that is heavily quilted.


Close up of the leaves with red veins.

Picture of the back.

Close-up of the back. As you can see my machine does not like rayon thread, it just rips it and eats it up. Unfortunately, I only had 1 red thread at the time and was forced to continue quilting with it.

Here is a cute little hummingbird quilt. It is a dish towel but I cut the hummingbirds out and the rest of it up for rags.

Close-up of the hummingbirds. They are outlined and then stipple quilting between the birds. A vine of flowers is quilted in the first border.

And the whole reason I bought the towel - a Calliope hummingbird!

Picture of the back and more hummingbirds.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, here's the closeup I was looking for:) I like! And I think I know the story of the leaves. It looks pretty like this. Great idea for the hummingbirds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Rachel, love your runners...and your machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...