Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I got sucked in

No pictures, just a small book review. I have seen the Elm Creek Quilt novels but never thought I would read any of them. However, last week at the library I decided I would take a look at what they had. They had the first book in the series so I checked it out. I started reading it Friday night and just over 24 hours later, I finished it. It wasn't a great novel like "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood but it was a nice summer read that I really enjoyed. Taking it back tomorrow and am picking up the second one.
Oh, it was called, "The Quilter's Apprentice". I won't go into details but I enjoyed the storytelling of the older quilter's life than I did the quilty parts of the novel where she was teaching her apprentice how to quilt. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys quilting, or anyone who wants an easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...