Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Finishes - 2 Shawls

I could blather on about how busy life is, but I'm sure that is true for everyone, so here's two finished shawls that have been waiting to be shared. I have socks and a cardigan and a cowl to share too, but I'll save them for another post.

I finished knitting this shawl over a month ago. It's a Hogmanay shawl. Another great pattern by Jen of Jen Lucas Designs. I wanted to use all the yarn so I did two extra pattern repeats. The yarn is super soft after blocking and feels great. Yarn can be found here - colourway was special for The Loopy Ewe.

Wonderful drape.



The ground was still wet, so I slung it over a bush for a detail picture. Love how much this opened up after blocking. The magic of lace.

The second shawl I have to share today, is the Branching Out shawl by Tin Can Knits. For a large shawl (used over 700 yards), I knit it up in less than 3 weeks. I knew I was going to run out of red, so I added some white stripes at the end. Gives a kind of Canadian/ Christmas feel to it. 

It's nice and big, which is what my mother requested. The yarn says it is fingering, but I have tried it for several fingering weight projects and it never gets gauge. This pattern called for lace weight yarn and the yarn was perfect. It can be found at Michael's here. It was soft during knitting and stayed soft after. No pilling. I'd recommend it for lace weight projects.

This is how I usually wear shawls. It fits nice and feels warm, even for thin yarn.

This is how my mother likes to wear her shawls and she'll be happy to see she can easily tie it. 

And a picture of the lovely lace. A very addictive knit that I was ready to start again as soon as I was done this one. But I need to finish some WIP's first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...