Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

A WIP Post

Oops, I didn't mean to go two weeks without posting. I took pictures to share and then... didn't. It's been hard living in the states the past two weeks and it's been difficult to do anything that seems like fun. Our time and energy are really needed elsewhere, but we all need to take some time for self-care every day. Or we'll go a little nuts. So here is how I've been taking care of myself the past couple weeks.

I started socks for my sister's birthday later this month. I cast on this Sunday and finished the first sock in 3 days. This picture was taken yesterday morning. Then I spent four hours at my son's school for a fundraiser and was able to knit almost half the leg. I didn't bother to take another picture so you'll have to take my word for it. Plain sock with a Fish Lips Kiss heel. For some whimsy, I started one sock from the outside of the skein, the other from the inside, so the stripes will reverse. Kroy sock yarn.

I did a few more pattern repeats of the first Run Around Mitten (also for my sister's birthday - damn, she's pretty lucky). Almost time to add the thumb. Yarn is Lorna's Laces and is discontinued.

And a few more repeats of the Hogmanay shawl have been done too. 

There is a neat lace pattern in there that will blossom with blocking. I hope. Links and info about yarn is on my project page.

And the afghan is getting bigger. This was near the end of the third skein. I just started the fourth. 

Love how colourful this is.

And my other WIP was to tackle my desk. I was beginning to wonder why I was getting nothing done. So many stacks of stuff. 

Got through it all today and am much happier. Now the stacks are organized. Books I'm reading are furthest to the right, nearest to the couch so they are easy to grab. A small pile of writing  books beside them. To the left of my computer, are my notes for the novel I'm editing and a notebook to write down other ideas. Beside it is a pile of fabric that I pulled and set aside a couple weeks ago. The green bin in the back - beside my sewing machine that has been covered for all of 2017! - is fabric for Sarah Fielke's 2017 BOM. The first clue was released this week. One of the motivations to clean my desk was so I could start working on it.

What have you been working on?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...