Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

WIP Wednesday

I only have one WIP to share today because there is only one WIP that matters.
In my lap is my third pussyhat. I need to make one more as my best friend and I will be taking our teenage daughters to the local Women's March this Saturday. I think this is the first protest march I've ever participated in and I'm a little a nervous. But if not now, when?

Read more about the Women's March here.
Read more about the Pussyhat Project here - includes free knit and crochet patterns. Plus there are several patterns on ravelry but you might have trouble finding pink yarn in stores.
Want to March on Saturday? Here is a link to all the Marches happening. Maybe there is one near you. 

The pattern I'm using is from someone on instagram. I can't remember who, sorry. But here is what I'm doing if you're interested in making your own. 

Using size 6/4mm needles and worsted weight yarn, cast on 96 stitches. Join in the round. Knit 20 rounds of k2,p2 ribbing. 
Switch to size 8/5mm needles and knit every round until hat measures 8 inches from cast on. Turn hat inside out and do a three needle bind off. Weave in ends, turn right side out and wear it proud.

And I'm also pledging to keep wearing my pussyhat, as long as he is in power... and the weather is cold. Might need to get some fingering weight pink yarn to make myself a pussyhat for the spring/fall. I'd hate to go to a thrift shop in a month and see a ton of pussyhats there, so please, keep wearing yours as a sign that this is not normal. He is not a legitimate president. It's going to take more than one march. Resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...