Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Finishes

Today's post is full of some little finishes that were gifted for Christmas. 

I knit this pair of fingerless mitts in about 24 hours (thanks to an 8 hour drive) and were gifted to a niece. Since I used the leftover yarn from this scarf, I gifted her the scarf, too. It had been sitting in the finished bin waiting for a home. Hope she likes them. 

And after helping my daughter make a Poochie bag for a cousin, I had to make some too. The one on the left went to the same niece who received the fingerless mitts and scarf. I made a scarf for another niece but forgot to take a picture of it, I guess. The bag on the right was gifted to my daughter.

My daughter's bag. I used some Hummingbird fabric that had been in my stash for years.

Closer look at the one for my niece. Bird fabric again.

Bags together. (Is anyone else having a terrible time taking pictures in winter daylight? They all come out so dull.)

And a finish that wasn't made by me. My daughter started crocheting this blanket for her youngest brother when I was pregnant with him (beginning of March 2013). She's worked on it off and on for the past 3 and a half years. Including a time when the blanket mysteriously grew a fifth corner and several rows had to be ripped out. She dedicated herself to it and finished it a couple days before Christmas. We exchanged gifts here on the 21st and it was under the tree for him then. Floyd had been watching her make it and knew it was for him. He was pretty excited to use it after he opened it.

And we used it that night to cuddle on the couch before bedtime. It's the perfect preschool size.


1 comment:

  1. she loves them, rachel, and has used them lots already.. kw is crazy cold right now, brrr! in fact, i've borrowed the fingerless mitts a couple of times now. i love the weight of the yarn.. not too bulky. feel free to put a mitts/scarf combo on a future xmas list for me :D

    mb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...