Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Lots of Finishes for Friday

I have several gifts I finished for Christmas that never got shared here, plus a few little finishes since the holidays. Today's post is what I've finished in the last month.

Floyd in his sweater the day I finished it, which according to ravelry was December 17th. He loved it and didn't want to take it off. Since then he has refused to wear it. Silly boy. Not sure about the neckline. I might try to alter it.

Here was the inside of the sweater before I weaved in all those ends.

The neck looks okay when lying flat but just stretches weird once he is wearing it.

Looks good from the back though.

I finished the third quilt for my mom as well. This one ended up being my favourite due to the quilting. My mom liked it so much she used it on her bed instead of the guest bed where it was intended to go.

You can see a bit of the quilting here. I used transparent thread on the top. I free-handed everything with my free-motion quilting foot. There are spirals in every corner, then loops between the spirals. Finally I free-motioned the Santa fabric.

This picture of the back really shows off the quilting. It was definitely worth the time.

Sneaked a picture of a niece wearing the Flax sweater I made her for Christmas. I made a purple one for her sister and a grey one for her brother. I finished the grey one on Christmas day (we didn't exchange gifts with them until the 27th) but didn't get a picture of the finished sweater. Perhaps you can get one for me, Michelle?

Another sneaky photo of a nephew wearing his Minecraft Creeper hat.

I finished the Pleasantville cowl for myself on December 29th. We were suppose to drive home on the 29th but we stayed an extra day when a foot of snow fell and made driving a little difficult. Above is the cowl before blocking.

And here it is after. I had been afraid I would run out of yarn but I think I ended up with enough left that I could have done an extra pattern repeat.

But I'm happy with the size it is now so I'll have to find something else to do with the bit I have leftover.

Made my son, Nova, a Minecraft Creeper hat this Monday. He wears it ALL the time.

And made some food for Floyd. A waffle and strawberries were made using this free pattern. Cucumbers are just simple crocheted circles. And the ramen noodles in the back? Made by frogging this shirt I knit last year but I never wore because I didn't like how it sat on me. 

I've also read 6 books this year and have over 80 granny squares done for the Creeper afghan. I guess it's not much of a surprise I haven't edited a thing. Maybe next week.

Have you finished anything yet this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...