Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Mochi-mochi Knitting

On July 11th, my daughter and I were lucky to go to a Anna Hrachovec workshop again. We went last year to her yarned twig workshop. The best part is that both of them were hosted by our public library and were free.  This time, Anna, did a talk about her recent trip to South Korea and the publication of her new book, Adventures in Mochi-Mochi Land. Then we all knit Gary the crab together and she provided helpful hints. We had a great time.

This was Calliope's first time knitting with dpn's and she did awesome. I gave her size 8 needles with worsted yarn to help make it a little easier. While we waited for the talk to start she did some practice pieces to get used to the needles.

I was able to finish my little guy during the workshop. I love the two little strands of stuffing coming out of his head that make him look a little crazed.

He's just the right size for sitting on my computer and watching me type in codes for the Summer Games hosted by our awesome library. (We got a code for attending the workshop and then for buying one of her books there.)

Calliope knit most of her crab at the workshop but finished him at home. I did the eyes on both and hers are much better.

Calliope enjoyed using dpn's so much that she started making a monster from one of Anna's other books (Super Scary Mochi Mochi) that I have out from the library. She has knit a whole ball - which I haven't taken a picture of yet.

Her crab kept a close eye on her knitting.

The two books I bought. I've borrowed the Huge and Huggable Mochimochi from the library several times so I thought I should buy it. If the Super-Scary one had been there, I would have bought it too. The one on the right, is her new one.

Both are signed of course. Anna is super nice and if you ever have a chance to go to one of her workshop's you should go. 

Her new book is a little different, in that she wrote 3 stories plus patterns for some of the characters/ props in them. Trying to decide what I want to knit next. Kids think I should make a giant muffin.

Also trying to decide what I want to make from the Huge and Huggable book. I am leaning towards this big teddy bear...

... or this monster truck for Floyd. Floyd really wants me to make the truck. Christmas present, perhaps?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...