Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Finish it Up Friday

I didn't finish up as much as I wanted to this week, but next week I should have a few to show. Linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday.

Amy, is hosting another One Thing, One Week Challenge this week and my goal was to finish this quilt. I had ripped out the bit of quilting I had done (but didn't like) and quilted almost half of it but for some reason just didn't get it finished. I completed the quilting this morning. Just need to bind it this weekend and it will be a finish.

My only finish for the week is this pair of socks. Still need to wash them and then they will be mailed off as a gift to someone special.

Yesterday I forced myself to sit down and wind these hanks (and watched the first 2 episodes of Downton Abbey). I wanted the brown yarn for a sock KAL, hosted by Knitting Like Crazy this month, so I figured I would do the other hanks that were waiting too. The green will probably be socks or a scarf for myself. The 2 blue are lace weight yarn and I bought those planning on knitting a beaded cuff for myself. Soon hopefully. I haven't decided about the top yarn yet - it was just so lovely I couldn't resist.

Our neighbor is having a baby boy (today possibly as she was suppose to be induced some time today) and I am making him a little hat. This should be done by tonight. I will also be giving him a boy quilt from my etsy shop.

A box of Valentine goodies arrived from my parents yesterday. My mother also sent along this yarn and a pattern for a scarf. This has to be the craziest yarn I have ever seen and I really hope my mom wants the scarf for herself because it is so not me. Sorry mom - happy to make it for you though.

 This morning I read my sister's post  about making a pillow out of a shirt of her husband's that she shrunk. Then my daughter came downstairs in the above dress that had fit in September but is now way too short. I made her change and she left the dress with me and I began wondering - should I mail this to one of my SIL's since they both have younger girls, or keep it and cut it up to make something out of it. I don't know what I am going to do. What do you think? Pass it on or cut it up? If it helps, there are little Hello Kitty faces on the snaps as well - so cute.

And if I get bored this weekend, the postal carrier has been very nice in delivering these to my mailbox this week and they should keep me busy.



4 comments:

  1. I always laugh at myself when I say "I only finished....." I figure that with life pulling us in 50 different directions at once, we are lucky to get anything acomplished! I guess what I'm saying is great job on the socks! I'm completely envious of anyone who can knit, it's a skill that I've never been able to manage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet projects for this Friday post! I hope you do get an opportunity to sit with your feet up and get in some good reading this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of your quilt, just looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a brainwave (rare occurrence) about that Hello Kitty dress - how about making an underskirt for it that hangs below the ruffles? It could be pink or another layer of denim. Then your daughter could still wear her cute dress for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...