Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Finish It Up Friday

Glad to have some finishes this week.

Finished my January UFO. You can read the story about the quote, here. 

I used this pattern and...

... made myself this purse. I needed something with pockets but I prefer my pockets on the inside. Looking forward to being able to find my keys when I need them.

Inside. I love having everything organized.

I finished the first sock of this pair, and cast on the second.

I finished the back of my mom's cardigan.

And this morning I finished a sewing machine cover. I used the tutorial by Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts but boxed my corners instead of using ties. I also put a patchwork sewing machine on each side. She had the word sew on the other side. You can find the tutorial here.

This is the other side. I used leftover Terrain charm squares, 2 squares leftover from a Just Wing It layer cake and a few pieces from my stash. I cut my squares 2 1/2 inches instead of Jennifer's 2 inch squares so I didn't waste any of my charm squares. I quilted random lines over the green fabric.

I added 2 1/2 inch strips on each side to make it wide enough to make the boxed corners (the green fabric wasn't wide enough on its own). You can also see the purple fabric I used on the inside.

Head over to Crazy Mom Quilts to see what others completed this week and the nice pillow Amandajean made.


1 comment:

  1. Such great finishes and progress, Rachel! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...