Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Finishes - A Cardigan and a Couple Hats

I finished my July Camp Loopy project, an Old Growth cardigan, almost a week ago. Blocked it this week, but I haven't taken any post-blocking photos, yet. Maybe this week. Below are some pre-blocking pics. And some hats I made this week.

Not sure about the collar. Might fold it over and sew it down. And the sleeves really grew after blocking. Very tempted to throw it in the dryer for a couple minutes to try and shrink it a tad.

Had enough yarn leftover to make a matching hat.

Used the chart for the smallest tree from the cardigan pattern. I did throw it in the dryer for 10 minutes as it really stretched during blocking.

And I made a second hat this week. For some crazy reason, I decided to make myself a Branches & Buds sweater for my August Camp Loopy project and ordered the yarn. Then I realized it's color work and I suck at that. Decided a hat is good practice. Used one of the sweater charts and worsted weight yarn and my tension wasn't terrible. Going to make a second one this weekend to practice some more before casting the sweater on Tuesday. This hat will be going to Jen for her Hat-a-Long for Halos of Hope.

Did you have any finishes this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...