Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Finishes... Kind of

      It's been a long, long week. After bragging to my sister when I talked to her on Sunday that my back seemed all better, I hurt it Monday and Thursday and today. Needless to say, I'm moving slow this week and blogging and all forms of social media have been ignored. It's not as bad as January, no pain pills really needed, but it's been a rollercoaster of feeling good then feeling bad that has me really frustrated.

      Here is my stack of finishes waiting for modeled shots. From top to bottom there are, a red scarf (for charity), a cowl (for me), Cuzco blocks finally trimmed and ironed, Beacon Hill cardigan blocked and waiting for buttons and Spin Cycle quilt blocks pieced and ironed and ready for me to decide the final layout of the quilt.

     This is as close as I got to an in progress shot. My empty cereal bowl holding yarn scraps as I wove in the ends of the Beacon Hill cardigan.

     I do have some new stash to share. Jen, of Knitting Like Crazy, gave everyone who finished something from her latest book, Cozy Stash-Busting Knits, during the KAL earlier this summer, some yarn. This is what I received and it's so soft and the colours are so me. I love it. I've already wound it and started a little something for myself with it that I hope to share soon. Details about the yarn here.

     And my prize for finishing all three Camp Loopy projects. I've been wanting a speckled yarn and I'm happy to finally have one.

      Trying to decide what to pair it with.  My daughter likes it with the variegated yarn on the left. I kind of like it with the blue on the right. Maybe I'll have to make something with all three?   

What have you been up to this week? Fingers are crossed here that next week is more crafty with less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...