I spent some time at my sewing machine Saturday and finished the Flying Geese quilt top for my mom. I forget how short I was of the green holly fabric. I knew I had cut another green to be used but I thought just a few blocks would need it. Turns out I was 12 triangles short.
Yeah, I don't think this is going to work.
The second green isn't as bright as it is seems but I still had to take the quilt apart to fix it.
Good thing for me, I had Wimbledon to watch for the 90 minutes it took me to rip everything apart. First I separated all the rows. Then I separated all the blocks in the last row.
I took the holly green off 6 blocks, and the second green off the other 6 blocks. Then I sewed the triangles back on so the greens of each block matched. Then I separated the other 2 green rows so I could put the second green blocks all over the quilt. Finally, I sewed all the rows back together.
Much better. Not perfect but good enough.
I've since cut the border pieces and sewed them on last night. I have backing fabrics picked out which I hope to iron today and piece together. I plan to baste either tomorrow or Friday and start quilting it this weekend.
Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday.