Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Quilt WIP

I spent some time at my sewing machine Saturday and finished the Flying Geese quilt top for my mom. I forget how short I was of the green holly fabric. I knew I had cut another green to be used but I thought just a few blocks would need it. Turns out I was 12 triangles short.

Yeah, I don't think this is going to work.

The second green isn't as bright as it is seems but I still had to take the quilt apart to fix it.

Good thing for me, I had Wimbledon to watch for the 90 minutes it took me to rip everything apart. First I separated all the rows. Then I separated all the blocks in the last row.

I took the holly green off 6 blocks, and the second green off the other 6 blocks. Then I sewed the triangles back on so the greens of each block matched. Then I separated the other 2 green rows so I could put the second green blocks all over the quilt. Finally, I sewed all the rows back together.

Much better. Not perfect but good enough.

I've since cut the border pieces and sewed them on last night. I have backing fabrics picked out which I hope to iron today and piece together. I plan to baste either tomorrow or Friday and start quilting it this weekend.

Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. yup, the second one is much better. how big is this quilt going to be when it's finished? can you believe that i haven't sewn a single stitch since the kids have been home from school? actually, more like since i finished the teacher quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are dedicated to do all that ripping out. But it does look like the finished top is planned rather than, oops, I ran out of the other green! Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...