Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Finished Camp Loopy Project for July

We got back Tuesday from 12 days visiting family in Canada. A long but good trip. It was nice to see everyone in one visit. Since it takes us 8-10 hours to drive each way, I had plenty of time to knit/crochet in the car. I also got in some knitting during naps and in the evening. I finished the sweater I was knitting for my niece for Camp Loopy on Tuesday evening after we got home. There were times when I doubted that I would finish in time - like when I started the sleeves but I was able to get the second sleeve done in just over a day!

Daughter modeling the finished sweater before washing. I used a new yarn to me - Cotton Supreme by Universal Yarn. This might become my go to worsted for sweaters. It's soft, didn't pill after washing, great price and it can go in the washer and dryer. The sweater isn't for my daughter, but I used her measurements for the sweater since my niece is close to her size. She said it felt really soft. It was hard to get a good picture of the colour as I didn't make my daughter go outside for pictures, way too hot.

Garter panel going down the arms.

After washing. No pills. You can tell it's been washed but it hasn't shrunk. So relieved last night when I pulled it out of the dryer.

Close to the true colour. It's a very dark, rich purple. You can see it here.

Here is my snowman of leftover yarn. Two partials and 1 full cake.

I have my yarn for August's Camp Loopy project but I still need to wind it. I'll post pictures of it and my progress next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...