Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In and I hadn't really planned on participating, but then I actually got something done, so I signed up.

I got this quilt basted on Thursday but I wasn't sure when I was going to quilt it. Kids behaved and played outside most of the afternoon and I was able to quilt the whole thing by supper time, yesterday.

I did basic straight line quilting, creating an "X" in each cream square. I don't really see the X's when I look at the quilt though, and I am very pleased with the square in a square look that does appears. At least that is what my eye sees.

The back. Decided to use brown for the binding so I'll need to search the stash for that today and maybe finish the quilt this weekend. 

I also finished this dress for my niece who turns two on Monday. It's obviously going to be late. Thinking of making a matching one in blue for her sister who turns 4 in July. The pattern only goes to size 3 but I think I can make it work.

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from FNSI and love your quilt. I think you have chosen the best way of quilting it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the FNSI draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the postage stamp!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...