Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Time to prioritize

Here's the quilt I had hoped to have done this week and put in the Blogger's Quilt Festival. As you can see, it's not finished.

Of the 40 blocks, only 8 are quilted in these free-motion flowers. 


Events happened this week, that made us sit back and think about what was really important. On Tuesday morning I got a call from my daughter's school - seen in the picture above, photo taken from our back porch - that she had been hurt at recess and was probably going to need stitches. I contacted my husband at work and then ran across the field to go get her. Playing during recess, a friend had bumped into my daughter's chin, causing her teeth to cut her upper lip and inside her mouth. There was lots of blood, her winter coat had to be thrown out and she indeed needed stitches. At first she got 3, but we went back that night and 4 more were put in. She has been super brave, completely amazing and stoic. We have spent a lot of time this week spoiling her - letting her eat ice cream and drink Mountain Dew - and last night we took her out to buy a new winter coat and a toy of her choosing. 

So, this week it was time to prioritize what was important and quilting wasn't one of them. We hope to see her big smile again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your poor brave baby.... I hope she's feeling better today and heals quickly! Quilting can wait... babies are much more important.


    I do like your loopy flowers...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...