Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Challenge Update

 Before I get to my challenge update, here's a picture of my son, all wrapped up in the quilt I made him, watching a video (I was at the sewing machine and turned to find him like this). He's just so cuddly it was hard not to go over and hug him. I'm glad he appreciates the quilt.

 First challenge to myself was to piece the top of a holiday lap quilt for myself. Here are all the fabrics ironed and cut.

My second challenge was to piece a baby boy blanket using some of the charm squares I cut at the beginning of the month. I have met this challenge by piecing TWO boy quilt tops. They have been set aside for now and will hopefully be quilted and in the shop by the end of the month.

A little bonus, was the wallhanging I cut. An easy, original design using some flannel fat quarters I picked up a few years ago. It's already pieced and is roughly 20 inches square. I may be adding a second border, so I haven't taken a picture of the quilt top yet.

Have you joined? Come back on Monday to see if I get the holiday quilt top done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...