Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring Break Shopping

Last week, we were home visiting family and I was able to sneak out for an afternoon and do a little shopping. Of course I made my way to both local quilt stores but I only made purchases at one of them. Here is what I got at Three Gables.

2 charm packs. I used one of these charm packs in the quilt I made for my daughter. I really love the fabric and couldn't pass it up.

2 fabrics from the "Greetings from Canada" line that came out in 2008. I am getting a nice collection of these fabrics. Both are 1/2 metre cuts. Trying to find a pattern I like to use all my Canada fabrics; until then I will keep buying it when I see it.

Another 1/2 metre. I love this yellow. I made a quilt using a charm pack and jelly roll that is in my etsy shop. It is the "Recipe for Friendship" line.

A fat quarter that I just couldn't resist. I think there are so many possibilities with this fabric that I can hardly wait until I decide what to do with it.

This is bundle of scrap fabric that I got for $3.00. It's a great deal as some pieces were fat quarter size or bigger.

Here is what was in the bundle. These are just inside the door on the bench and would make a great, cheap gift for any quilter you might now (I don't think she offers these online). They are organized by colour or theme.

This piece was also in the bundle. Isn't it beautiful? I might just iron it and frame it. Very Monetish.

I had bought all the above fabric when I saw a quilt made with this pattern on the wall. The one on the wall was in blues, yellows and tans and looked much better than this.

Here is the quilt that was on the back of the pattern. This quilt requires 12 fat quarters and I have a special collection of fabrics that have been waiting for a pattern like this. I will save this quilt for Idaho as I have many projects I need to get done before we move.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...