Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Gifts - Part 1

Here are some of the holiday gifts I have made and have already been given.

My son's preschool does a service project every holiday season which includes buying clothes and toys for children their age that are needy. I picked a tag for a one year old girl. I made her this little doll quilt from some cheater fabric. I just quilted on the lines to make it an easy, but still nice gift.

Here is the little doll that goes with the quilt.

I also made some gift bags. This is the smallest one I made. Inside is a pair of earrings my daughter made for a work friend of my husband's.

Here is what my wonderful husband got me. It is now on the computer. Now I just need to read the manual and give it a try. We'll see how frustrated I get.

This is what I made my son this year. Totally last minute. He started skating lessons this year and received his first badge last Thursday. I knew I wanted to make him a badge scarf and he had already picked out the fabrics. So, last Thursday night I wiped up this "scarf", added his badges and had it wrapped and under the tree for him to open last Friday (we open our gifts to each other before we do any traveling). It is already hung up and may need a little adjusting to hang straight - like I said totally last minute.

More gift bags.

Quilted tags for the bags.

Gift in gift bag with tag ready to be given tomorrow.

Present for my daughter. She is in her second year of piano lessons and needed a new bag to carry her piano books back and forth. My mom has already asked for one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...