Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekends are for...

... Finishing WIP's! My goal this weekend was to finish up a bunch of WIP's and I'm happy to say I succeeded. Here's what I was able to complete.

Last Monday, my daughter and I went to a workshop on Sashiko embroidery at our local library. I was hoping to learn a little more of the history of it. Instead, we were given materials and a quick tutorial on how to do it (and how not to do it) and given the rest of the time to stitch. Neither of us finished that night, but I did finish mine this weekend. 

And here is my daughter's. Now we're trying to decide what to do with them. I admit I added a bunch of Sashiko patterns to my embroidery board on pinterest. A little addictive? Yes.

Sunday morning I finished crocheting button flowers for my mom. I think I've made over a hundred for her. These are the last 14 and I'll be giving them to her later this week.

And I used a lot of embroidery floss to make them. I kept the wrappers in case I wanted to get more of the same colours. Each one did 3 buttons.

And I finished my first Rin block. I had half of the outside circle left to sew on. Then I basted the centre circle and stitched down both sides. Yes, my fingers were very busy stitching this weekend.

And this lovely? That is my finished Salita shrug, blocked and sleeve seams sewn. Hope to take it out for a proper photo shoot this week to share here on Friday. 

Trying to end June on a high note by finishing up more WIP's. We'll see what more I can complete this week. Did you have a crafty weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...