Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The writing, reading conundrum

It's been a while since I've posted anything about writing. I've slowly been plugging away at creating an edit outline for "Lucy", something to help me keep track of what I think I need to work on for each chapter. However, I got a little sidelined when I started checking the new books and new dvd's listings online for my local library. When we lived in Idaho for 2 years there was one little library and by the time we left we were rereading and rewatching the small selection they had. The new book shelf right inside the door was my favorite spot. 
Here in Ann Arbor, there are 5 library branches. We go to the closest one almost every weekend. We visit the main downtown branch about once a month but it's hard to keep track of what's just arrived. My husband suggested looking online, which for some reason I hadn't before. I spent hours since then going through books and dvds - looking at over 5,000 the first day. I now check on a weekly basis. It's almost as good as walking through a library for an afternoon and it let me find a lot of books I normally wouldn't. Speaking of books, I've requested and checked out a lot of them last month. I'm loving it but struggling to find the time to read and write in any free time I can find. I've tried to read while nursing the little guy but he's really good at reaching behind him and smacking the pages.

Here's our library shelf. Most of those books are mine. The two big novels at the end belong to my son. 

Yesterday I completed my edit outline for "Lucy" and printed it off. The little guy crumbled a page before I could get a picture. I really want to finish this first round of major edits by July. And not because I want to enjoy summer with my kids. It's Camp NaNoWriMo and I really want to participate as I have started brainstorming the next book in the series (I have mentioned that "Lucy" is part of a series, right?). And I really like the t-shirt.

And here's why this wasn't posted yesterday -  I finished the little guy's blanket! Here he is with it minutes after I cast off. Now to weave in ends and try to do a proper photo shoot by next Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time balancing reading, sewing and cooking. i tend to do lots of one for a while, and then switch gears. i don't think i've sewn a stitch in a few weeks now. i wish there were more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...