Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Writing Wednesday - Time to Edit

Last week I finished reading "Lucy" from start to finish for the first time. It's not terrible and I think it's worth my time to edit it. Now I need to convince myself to actually start. I like the first three chapters. They definitely need work but not as much as some other chapters. I've done some reading on different editing methods and I think I'm going to mix them up and see how it goes. I'm going to deal with the chapters that need the most work first - the ones where I have paragraph after paragraph of telling the reader of what is happening. Once I improve those chapters I'll focus more on developing characters, making sure dialogue is realistic and that I've kept details straight throughout the whole and not just within chapters.
Time to take out the red pen and really start editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...