Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Knitting Monday on a Tuesday

I took the picture yesterday, ready to do a knitting post but just didn't get around to it. I'd blame my mom for calling and chatting with me last night for the reason this post didn't happen but I like talking to her too much. So… my son's sweater still isn't finished. I completed the first sleeve yesterday just before I had to go pick up the kids from school. I started the second sleeve last night and feel motivated to finish. Also, I promised to have it done before the Olympics start. I also said I'd post what I was knitting for the Olympics today but I think I'll wait until Friday - and hopefully be able to show off a completed sweater (probably not). 

However, I can show these 2 books I have out from the library right now. 

"Knitting from the Center Out" is interesting but the only pattern I think I'll try are the above socks. They start from the heel and the construction seems very interesting. I've reread it several times and I think I can do it. 

"Metropolitan Knits" has been a book I've wanted to look at since I first saw some sneak peeks of it. I love this tunic.

This cardigan has been in my ravelry queue for a long time. I think it's the pockets and comfy look about it that I love.

I'm not usually drawn to big cowls but I think the cold weather we've been having is starting to change my mind and I really like this one.

Definitely making this one. Stripes and a hood, plus fingering weight yarn equals almost perfect. I'd love it to have pockets.

The latest edition of Interweave Knits arrived yesterday and I fell in love. I even priced yarn for it. I'm thinking orange instead of green for the secondary yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...