Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Getting ready for NaNoWriMo

     Friday marks the beginning of another NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), where a bunch of people try to write a novel, or at least 50,000 words of it, in a month. I first participated in 2011 and was able to write enough words to be declared a winner. However, that novel is still not done. I have approximately 6 more chapters I would like to add to it. I recently reread it and parts are a lot better than I thought and others need some serious revision. I'll save that for 2014. 

     I joined Camp NaNoWriMo in June 2012 and once again wrote over 50, 000 but this time with a complete novel. I started revising it last fall/ winter but an exhausting pregnancy prevented me from completing the revisions I wanted to make and from participating in NaNoWriMo last November. Even though I am now busy with an almost 6 month old I decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. I was on the fence about doing it until a couple weeks ago when an opening line for a novel came into my head and wouldn't leave. I thought about trying to write something then but instead have held onto it and will write it down for the first time on November 1st. I'm really looking forward to where the line will take me. I haven't really decided on a direction for the novel yet so next month should be interesting.

My biggest hurdle for November will be this little guy getting between me and my computer.

Created my novel today on the NaNoWriMo website.

And printed myself off a calendar to help keep me on track. I also plan on posting an update on the blog every Wednesday. Hopefully by next Wednesday I'll have made some progress and will have more than the opening sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...