I've been working on a quilt. I know... it's been awhile. I'm using this free pattern sent to me by a quilt magazine trying to get me to subscribe. I didn't but I am enjoying the pattern.
They suggested using dark and light fabrics but as I've mentioned before, I've been craving the colour orange during this pregnancy and so I decided to make our little guy an orange quilt with some accent fabrics thrown in. The fabrics don't look very babyish or boyish and I'm happy with that. The seven fabrics on the left are some of the orange fabrics my dad picked out for me for Christmas - I think he did a great job.
Over the course of the past week I've been able to iron, cut and sew the blocks together. I finished piecing them last night (sorry for the bad picture, lighting is terrible in the basement). Here is what they looked like before I cut them in half diagonally. After I took the picture I cut them and paired up the triangles to make 12 unique blocks. Still need to sew the pairs together and then decide on a final layout. That is my goal for this week. I have the backing and binding fabric already picked out and I think I know how I want to quilt it. Now all I need is for the little guy to get his feet out from under my ribs so I can enjoy sitting at the sewing machine.