Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

On the Needles Friday

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for On The Needles Friday. I missed linking up all of September, but did a post earlier this week with some knitted finishes, which you can see here. Today I'm including 2 works in progress. I have a few more finishes to share but I think I will save those for next Friday when I hope to have at least one, if not both of the following projects finished.
I am finally getting some work done on the second Faux cable sock. I finished the first one in July just before we moved. I then used the needles to make a pair of socks during the Ravellenic games. I cast on the cuff and finished it but then the sock sat for over a month. I just didn't feel like following a pattern and wanted easy pieces to knit. Now that the weather is finally getting cooler, I really want to wear the socks so I've been motivated to finish them. I have two faux cable pattern repeats left to do and then a partial one and then the toe. 
Pattern can be found on ravelry. The original pattern calls for 3 faux cables down the front. I made a pair like that for my mom. I altered the pattern a bit this time to fit 8 faux cables around the leg and four down the top of the foot. 

I started this cardigan for a niece. This is the fourth one I've cast on for her, I frogged the other ones as they just didn't seem right. Think I am happy with this one. I have the back and left front done. I have the wrong side facing up so you can see that it isn't plain stockinette but has a slight ribbing. There are also pockets. I'd really like to get all the pieces finished by next Friday. This is a Christmas present.
Pattern is from the book: Easy Kids Knits by Claire Montgomerie. 

Tonight is also Friday Night Sew-In. I didn't participate last month as I didn't have anything ready to work on (except the quilt in the picture below that was basted but I didn't feel like quilting it). This week I ironed and cut out the above fabric and laid it out on the floor downstairs. Shouldn't take too long to sew this all together into a top. This is a gift for next month. 

And I need to finish this quilt. It has been basted for too long. I moved it basted and have done my best to keep it rolled up during the process. I unrolled it and it still looks fine. I just need to sit down and quilt it. This is also a gift.

If you'd like to join in Friday Night Sew-In, head over to Heidi's blog to sign-up. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been really busy! Love the aqua sweater! Nice socks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on all of these projects so far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...