Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In Results

With the kids home from school yesterday I was able to sneak in a little sewing time during the afternoon and even more after supper for Friday Night Sew-In.
During the afternoon, I pieced this quilt top. Took only about 30-40 minutes with only minor interruptions from the kids. The black is from a layer cake so I cut the other fabrics into 10 inch squares. This quilt will measure around 66 inches square and will be a gift next month. I was going for a modern look and hope I achieved it. 

After supper, I was able to sneak away to the sewing machine again and quilted this quilt. I did an overall free-motion loop. This quilt is also a gift and is slightly smaller than the first quilt.

Close-up of the quilting. Have the binding picked out and hope to get it on this week.

I was able to do a little knitting as well. I cast on the right front of a cardigan for a niece. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a lot done! I love to knit too. Although I am not very good at it. Great colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a very productive FNSI! Work on 2 quilts and then some knitting, too!
    You have lovely knitting, and the color scheme is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...