Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In?

Linking up at Heidi's blog for Friday Night Sew-In. Go here to visit Heidi's blog to see what others did last night.

So I had plans to quilt last night. I had 3 different projects ready for me to work on. Fabric cut waiting to be put together. But I didn't even touch my sewing machine. Thursday evening we made it to the walk-in-clinic 20 minutes before they closed to confirm that our son had pink eye. By the time we picked up the drops and some Hot Wheels for the little guy, it was way past bed time. He had a terrible night. It reminded me of having a newborn and getting up every time he made a sound. He would cry out in his sleep and by yesterday morning, the last thing I wanted to do was sew. And since every drop is a struggle (he needs 4 a day in each eye), I was emotionally exhausted by the time he went to bed last night and just wanted to crash. So my husband and I finally watched the series finally of "Star Trek:Voyager" on netflix and called it a night. But I was able to do some knitting yesterday.

I only had 7 rows left to knit on this shawl before we ran out to the clinic Thursday. I never got back to it that night. Happy to say I was able to finish it Friday and my daughter helped take some pictures this morning. The purple yarn was given to me for Christmas from my son. I ran out and decided to use grey to finish it off.

This shawl is for me to use around the house.

This is the Oaklet shawl and is a free pattern on ravelry.


It still needs to be blocked, which will stretch out the lace in the border.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how pretty... I need to make me one of those! Congratulations on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...