Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Knitting update and I actually did some quilting too.

I finally finished the second half of my jelly roll bargello. I've taken plenty of pictures (hope to get it written up as a pattern soon). Need to add a border at the top and bottom to make it a little longer (maybe, what do you think?). It's wide enough for a twin but not long enough to tuck in. I was hoping to have this finished and put in the Blogger's quilt festival hosted by Amy, but I'm not sure I will.  My sister got her amazing Liberated Churn Dash quilt complete and entered - go check it out, here. Congrats on completing it Sarah.

And if I haven't been doing a lot of quilting, I must have been knitting. We had 3 beautiful days last week so I spent a few afternoons sitting outside knitting (and getting a little sunburn). This is the Mystery Shawl, a knit along hosted by Knitting Like Crazy. Done clue #2, waiting for clue #3 this Friday.

Got some more done on the Traveling Woman shawl as well. I finally had to switch to circular needles for both shawls. Makes it easier to spread them out and enjoy their patterns while I work on them.

Closer look at the Chart A pattern. I have done 3 repeats of it and need to do just one more.

An even closer look. Still loving this shawl. Not sure who will end up getting it.

Started a shirt for myself. Bigger needles than the shawls so it is working up quickly. And with no lace pattern to follow, it's perfect to work on while the kids are around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...