Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Here is what I made my mom this year for mother's day (and it arrived in time, even better).

A piano bag. I made one last year for my daughter to take her books to piano lessons and my mother commented that she would like one too. Now she does.

A pin quilt. I had made one for all her Christmas pins and she requested one to use for the rest of the year. The middle is a block I made one day for fun but then didn't know what to do with it. I added the blue borders so it matched their bedroom better. It is roughly 16 inches square.

On the back I used blue fleece. There is no batting so it is easier for her to get pins in and out of the quilt. My son really likes the black and white fabric I used for the hanging sleeve.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Mother's Day! My kids bought me yarn. I'm suppose to make them something using the yarn they selected. We'll see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...