Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gifts for Mom and Dad

On May 2nd my dad turned 60. He loves the Grand Canyon and I bought a yard of this fabric a while ago. Finally cut off one part of the pattern, quilted it and attached it to a frame (like the butterfly in a previous post). It is 9 x 12.

Close-up of the quilting.

This year I am making a wall-hanging for every season for my mother. She received Spring for her birthday in March and will receive this summer quilt for Mother's Day (although it will be a little late).

Actually used a pre-designed pattern for the quilting in the center square. I prefer free-motion but thought the quilt deserved this.

Close-up of the basket which has 1/4 lines to give it some texture and some free-motion leaves in the green borders around the baskets. Sorry for the fuzzy picture.

Free-motioned flowers and leaves in the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...