Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Time to get loopy

I ordered some yarn from the Loopy Ewe as it is time again for Camp Loopy. Basically they give you a theme each summer month, assign you a group to chat with on ravelry and a discount on yarn if you order by a specific date. If you finish all your projects for the 3 months, you receive a free gift at the end. Last year I was able to finish my June and July project but wasn't able to finish my August project in time. Oh well. This year I decided if I was going to do it, the projects would be gifts. My order for Camp Loopy was my 6th order from them and made me an official Loopy Groupie. I received the bag above with something special inside. The little guy was curious.

Here is the lovely yarn gifted inside. Not sure what I'm going to make with it yet but I've been looking at patterns. Socks? Cowl? Scarf?

Here is my Camp Loopy yarn and button. I'm making a shawl. The theme for June is knitting something inspired by a favourite book, tv show or movie and using at least 400 yards. I picked Jane Austin movies/ novels as my inspiration. The blues are the main color, while the other yarn is the border. Need to wind these before the June 1st start date. Hopefully tonight while watching "Pride and Prejudice".

I was assigned to Vintage Glamper #3. These are very talkative ladies. Camp hasn't even started and there are 100's of messages so far. Trying to keep up as it's a great way to find new patterns.

Still working away on my Vertex cardigan. I worked on it in the car when I went to Ohio on Friday to go birding.

Here it is as of this morning. I am less than 3 inches and 1 increase row from the border, then I have to do the sleeves. Thankfully the sleeves are short. Kind of tried it on last night and now I just want to finish and wear it.

I've also been getting some quilting done. Here are two blocks that were created as extras for a secret project. They might not end up a part of the finished quilt but will be used somehow - maybe the back. They are made using the Suburbs pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...