Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm Still Here

Haven't been in blogging frame of mind lately. We are currently waiting to hear where we will be moving this summer and my mind has been distracted with what-if's. I tried to focus on writing last week and added over 8,000 words to the novel I started during NaNoWriMo in November but have struggled to write much this week. My son made his first visit to a hospital (he was born at home) for his first stitches on Sunday. He got 3 on his forehead so he's been getting extra cuddles this week. 
I can't seem to focus on quilting so I've been doing a lot of knitting and have a few finishes and a couple starts to share. Might try to get my quilting mojo back tomorrow with Friday Night Sew-In. Sign up here if you are interested in joining.

Monday I finished the mate for the stripe socks. These were made using leftovers from other socks I have knitted. I still have a little bit of each colour left over. Might use them to make some barbie clothes.

Started this as a gift for a teacher and then changed my mind and we got her something else. I love the yarn and the colours and since it is sock weight yarn it is nice and light. However, I don't know what to do with it now. If my sister doesn't claim it (I don't think there's anyone else in my family who would wear this), then I am going to unravel it and use the yarn for something else - I may have the pattern picked already:)

Close-up. This used short rows and wrapped stitches which was actually fun (sorry if you don't know what this sentence is talking about). It's the Pinkerton Shawl and was in an issue of Interweave Knits.

Last night I finished a second Boneyard Shawl (free pattern on ravelry). This is a gift for a teacher. The 3rd grade teacher volunteers her time to teach English Country dances (think dances you see in Jane Austen movies). My daughter is in the group and they have done 2 performances this spring. I thought she deserved something for all the time she has put in.

Those were all my finishes. Now onto my starts. My daughter turns 10 in about 2 weeks! She's a bit of a girly girl but said she wanted something with a skull on it. So a pink hat with a skull in silver beads it is. This is also a free pattern.

She had also requested a cardigan. I decided on a simple short-sleeve cardigan with an easy lace pattern. If I actually focused on it, I think it would knit up fast. I am using a baby-sport weight yarn so if should be nice and light for cool days.

And these 3 bags? They hold the projects I really want to work on. And they're all for me - I know, selfish. 2 of them are cardigans made out of sock yarn, perfect for when you need just a little something. The other is a slightly heavier yarn but has short sleeves. I haven't started any of them yet but I really, really want to. If I make some progress on the things for my daughter I'll let myself start one. But which one? These are the things that keep me up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...