Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Writing Wednesday

Picture of adorable son in his Halloween costume so this post has a picture.
Here we are at another Wednesday. At least this Wednesday feels like a Wednesday. Last Wednesday felt like a Thursday and that totally messed me up - 2 days to the weekend instead of 1 can really defeat a stay-at-home mom. This week has been off to a bad start. Husband has been sick since the weekend and been home all week and now my daughter is home today. The boys and I have escaped it so far. I don't make a very good nurse but I've been doing my best. I made rice krispy squares and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies because my husband wanted them. And I've tried to be nice in the morning and get the kids to school even though I am not a morning person. But I'm exhausted and ready for everyone to feel better.

Hey, I thought today's post was supposed to be about writing? I guess the first paragraph was my attempt at an excuse. I wrote on Friday and finished the rewrite of chapter 1 of Lucy. I added over 700 words to the chapter. I mostly added more descriptive detail of the characters.

Then my procrastinating mind started to think of another idea. I have never written fiction with a first person voice. I've always written in the 3rd person, thee all knowing narrator. My idea had a female character narrating. Then I started thinking about Lucy being written in 1st person. I've heard of people changing their whole novels from 3rd to 1st after the manuscript's been accepted and it sounded like a lot of work. I'm going to try a couple chapters since I think I know Lucy well enough to write in her voice. That's the tricky part, I think, staying in the character's voice and not mine.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully no one else in the house gets sick. I'm running out of baking supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...